1d8 hooks involving the reason people will suddenly think it's a good idea to stare at the sun.
- The village fool has burned out their retinas by staring at the eclipse. He was given a "magical" pair of glasses by a local wizard, and was told he could view the celestial event safely. Turns out is was just a pair of smoked glass. If confronted, the wizard finds this hilarious and congratulates himself for the wonderful joke. He refuses to return the money, or fix the situation.
- My man who has successfully hidden his lycanthropy for several years is sent berserk and super empowered during the eclipse. He's probably in town when this happens.
- A strange and peculiar plant is found in the forest, and replanted by the town herbalist, who later sells clippings. This plant, and the clippings, are sentient, carnivorous, and evil; all facts the herbalist was trying to keep secret.
- The ancient snake god has returned to the world and is LITERALLY eating the sun. Good luck with that one.
- The celestial event interferes with a wizard's summon ritual. The wizard had no knowledge of the eclipse, but now things from beyond the collected realities are spilling forth from the portal in the sky.
- Turns out the town is cursed! Due to some Incident in the past, the town only appears in this reality during the eclipse, before disappearing again, along with everything in it. "But eclipses don't last that long!" Really? You'll accept magic, but not the fact the moon is just a little more lazy and takes just a little longer to get across the sky?
- The eldritch light of the eclipse reveals several of the town's people to be lizardmen in disguise, including at least 1d4 town officials. What do they want? How do the heroes stop them? Maybe the Sasquatch in the nearby forest can help.
- A wizard's unattended telescope has accidently focused and entrapped some eclipse light in a bottle. The wizard knows nothing of this, having been drunk for sometime. Since then, the country side has had the same dream, night after night: a voice demanding the return of the starchild and a nightly count down. Last night '1 cycle' remained. What happens at zero? Who is coming? Doom and Starmen, I bet.